FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are commonly asked questions about the Library. For answers to questions not addressed here, browse the web site or submit your question to the Suggestions page.
- How to enroll for the Library?
- Who can become member of the Central Library?
- What are the formalities to be completed to become member of this Library?
- From where can we get the form for membership registration
- What type of help can I get at the help desk?
- How to locate books in the Library?
- What are the rules of Library and from where I can know about these rules?
- How to get a book issued?
- How many books can be issued?
- What is the fine for delay in return of book?
- How to get a book reserved which is not available on the shelf?
- How to replace a lost book lost?
- What is the procedure of getting a duplicate library card?
- If a book is not available in the library but is worth to be purcahsed or library, what is the procedure to recommend it?
For enrollment as a member application form duly filled with appropriate identification, recommendation/introduction should be submitted at the Help Desk in the Library, along with the requisite fee, if applicable, and one additional photograph of 1.5”x1.5” size.
Membership of Paid members may be introduced and recommended by the employer/Officer in-charge/Section in-charge where he is employed. Visit https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html
The library services are open to registered members. Visit https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html
Please see How to enroll for the Library
Membership form can be had from the staff at the help desk.
The reference desk or information desk or help desk of a library is a public service desk where professional staff of the library provides library users with direction to library materials, advise on library services and assist users to find general information from the library’s resources. Library users can consult the staff at the reference desk for help in finding information. Typically, a reference desk can be consulted either in person, by telephone, or through email, although a library user may be asked to come to the library in person for help with more involved research questions. If a desired book has been checked out, one can place the book ‘on hold’, which prevents the person who has checked it out from renewing it, and the person who placed the ‘hold’ is notified when the book has been returned.
All the rules of library are available at https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html
First to know all details of the required book, check from OPAC its details as well as availability status. Then go to the respective shelf and take out the book. Produce book along with your Library Membership card and issue slip at the circulation desk. The staff at the circulation desk will scan book and your card. At the entry point get your book checked by the guard on duty.
Visit https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html 3. book loans
Visit https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html Due-date for return of books and consequences of delay in return.
Visit https://davietjal.org.in/lib1/library_rules.html Reservation
Visit https://davietjal.org.in/library_rules.html Loss or damage of books borrowed from the Library by the members.
Fill the form for issuing of duplicate ticket, available at the help desk in the Central Library. Submit filled form along with a photograph at the help desk. A fee of Rs. 50 is charged for preparation of duplicate ticket.
Users can recommend any book which is worth to be kept in library stock. Faculty/students can recommend book/s on the prescribed profoma with recommendations of head of the department. Recommendation form is available with incharge of Acquisition Section .