The Women’s Cell of DAVIET looks after the welfare of female employees and girl students of the institute. It facilitates redressal of their problems and caters to their issues/ grievances. The cell promotes all round development of female employees and girl students of the Institute to enhance their self-esteem and self-confidence.
The Internal Complaint Committee is constituted as per the provision of Sexual Harassment of women at work place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 for a period of 3 years.
- To provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace
- To prevent and redress complaints of sexual harassment
- To address matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- To evolve a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence at the workplace.
Committee will take all necessary steps
- To assist the affected person in terms of support and preventive action.
- For implementation of the policies relating to the prevention of sexual harassment, strive to resolve complaints by the aggrieved complainant, and henceforth, recommend actions to be taken by the employer.
The Internal Complaint Committee comprises of the following members:
|1.||Dr. Suman Tandon (Associate Professor, BM)||Convener||8146528051|
|2.||Mr. S.K.Uppal (Asstt. Professor, ME)||Member||9417188433|
|3.||Mrs. Poonam Sethi (Asstt. Professor, ECE)||Member||9876160704|
|4.||Mrs. Shallu Singh (Lab Asstt., ECE)||Member||9463535661|
|5.||Mrs. Pooja Arora (Jr. Stenographer)||Member||7814303617|
|6.||Mrs. Adv. Tania Bhatti||(Jalandhar Heart-YGPT India -NGO)|
|7.||Ms. Shriya (student-B. Tech. CSE 3rd Year )||Student Member|
|8.||Mr. Dilpreet Singh (Student-B. Tech. CE 3rd Year)||Student Member|
|9.||Ms. Kritika Aggarwal (Student-MBA, 2nd Year)||Student Member|
In case of complaint, contact any of the above given numbers or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Policy for Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace is in place. This Policy applies to all women associated with DAVIET including permanent employees, temporary employees as well as employees on contract, research scholars, students and trainees (if any).
The institute has setup Crèche for providing childcare facility for the staff. The Women’s Cell also looks after the management of the Creche in the Institute and prescribes necessary guidelines for its smooth functioning.