Admission of International students
All the international students will require a student visa endorsed to this Institution for joining full time course. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course. A visa is not required for NRI (Non Resident Indian) students.
Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who posses either OCI or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them freedom to visit India without visa. OCI and PIO cards are multi-purpose lifelong Visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
Application form with all details furnished.
Photocopies of the following:
- NRI bank account pass book (front page).
- The passport of the parents having NRI status.
- The passport of the student (except for NRI’s candidate).
- Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi for students, who are pursuing a course not covered by CBSE/State Board etc.
- NRI Status Certificate in respect of father/mother.
- Employers certificate of parent sponsoring the student.
- Certificates of educational qualifications 10 Std/ 12 Std / Degree / Transfer Certificate (as applicable to specific courses).
- 10 passport size photographs
- 5 stamp size photographs
- Demand Draft if applicable.
General Rules for Admission:
- Applicants should fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions prescribed for admissions as per the requirements of the courses applied for.
- All attestations must be done by the concerned Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the relevant country in India. Documents without attestation shall be summarily rejected.
- International students admitted in College shall produce STUDENT VISA within one month of completion of admission. In case of failure to obtain a visa within the stipulated period the admission shall be cancelled.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and also duly certified by the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
- English translation of transcripts duly attested should be provided wherever necessary.
- All new International students are required to submit a certificate for HIV Test duly attested by the Medical Officer of the Civil Hospital.
Fee and Accounts:
- All fees are payable in lump sum at the time of admission on or before notified dates.
- All payments will be made through online transfer as per the details given in the offer letter.
- Fees mentioned in the offer letter are only for one academic year.
- All fees and charges are subject to revision.
- A student is required to claim the refund of his/her credit balance within one year of leaving the institute.
- Security Deposit shall be deposited in cash with the cashier in the accounts office.
WHEN TO APPLY
For Regular Courses in DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, the Admission process starts from 1st May to 15th August every year. Admissions of International Students are done by International Admissions Cell, DAVIET.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidates are advised to verify the eligibility for the course, before applying. The queries may be forwarded to International Admission Cell of DAV Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jalandhar at [email protected]
Applicants can fill up the registration form available online without missing any information. No column is to be left blank, incomplete form will be summarily rejected. The candidate can also apply if the result is awaited, at the time of applying, please write result awaited. However, the offer for admission will be subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
After receiving the complete application form alongwith documents, Admission Cell of DAVIET will send an admission offer letter to the students through Email.
A letter of confirmation will be sent through e-mail after full tuition fee for the one year is received. This letter may be used by the student to apply for student visa and ticketing etc.
After confirmation of admission students can contact international admissions cell for making necessary arrangement for accommodation in the hostel, if required.