The Department of Information Technology is a part of the DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology. The Department was established in 2002. We offers program leading to the Bachelor of Information Technology. We are a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advances in, computing and information technology. Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching and strong research programs provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable computing professionals. Approximately 250 full-time undergraduates pursuring their degree in IT. The departmental faculty actively participates and provides leadership to major research centers on campus. Opportunities to pursue faculty supervised undergraduate research and project work are readily available The department makes extensive use of wideband connectivity to the commodity Internet Students and faculty have ready access to advanced computational hardware and software both through Institute resources as well as through our more specialized laboratory workstations. The Bachelor of Information Technology with a major in Computer Science is accredited by the, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Emphasize on much needed Practical Based Training to address Global manpower demand.
- Educating Students to think fundamentally and innovatively in technological and research environment.
- Explore and Utilize Technological Resources for Intellectual capital.
- Encourage Industry-Academia partnership to ensure overall competence.
- Synergize Technology with Research to sustain Growth.
- Provide IT based solutions with state of the art consulting support.
Our library possess 207 books, though 05 national/international (print) journals and 175 international journals (online) to our accolade. Project reports, seminar reports are available to acquaint the students with latest developments going on and provide them sustenance so that they can fabricate the projects on their own.
Dr. Dinesh Kumar
- About Us
- Faculty Profile
- Outcome Based Education
- Lab Facilities
- Student Consortium & Club Activities
- Research Activities
- Research Publications
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Performance
- Career Path for Students
- Departmental Activities
- Placements & Higher Studies
- Value Addition Programmes
- Employer Survey Form
- Alumni Feedback Form
- Course Outcomes
- Distinguished Alumni
- Class Teachers and Class Representatives
- Department Newsletter
- Video Lectures
- Time Table (July -Dec) 2020