Workshop on REACT JS
The Departmentorganized a hands on Workshopon REACT JS on 23th February 2021.Mr. Praveen Kumar Purshothaman, Lead Consultant at Virtusa from United Kingdom is the resource person for the workshop. Workshop was conducted on YouTube with the agenda for the session as:
– Introduction to React on the Cloud.
– Personalizing the branding part of React Boilerplate.
– Adding Bootstrap CSS & Why not JS?
– Creating a Bootstrap Component.
– Integrating it with States and Props.
– Using Controlled Components to switch the theme
More than 200 participants were registered from various Colleges.The session concluded with Q & A session.
“From a small seed, a mighty trunk may grow”
DAV Institute of engineering and technology has successfully been on boarded on Google cloud readiness program. The Google Cloud career readiness program enables students of all backgrounds the ability to prepare for cloud careers by building deep expertise through industry-recognized training, skill badges, and certifications. o enable students to prepare for cloud careers in business and technical domains related to cloud infrastructure, application development, big data, and machine learning, the Google Cloud career readiness program offers the following tracks:
- Associate Cloud Engineer track: This track is ideal for students aspiring to launch careers in engineering and management roles related to cloud infrastructure, cloud-native application development, and data engineering.
- Data Analyst track: This track is ideal for students keen on pursuing careers in data analytics, business intelligence, and management.
To be eligible for this program, a faculty member had to complete “ACE Track-Faculty and Coaches “and complete all 5 courses within one month. Dr.Neetu Gahlawat (A.P CSE Dept.) completed these courses and then came student tasks. A minimum of 25 students had to complete “Google cloud essentials” quest on Google QWIKLABS platform. Active participation of students helped our college to qualify for enrollment as 46 students successfully completed the quest. Students comprised of various branches (ECE, CSE, IT, MCA). Now , Dr.Neetu Gahlawat is leading this batch of 46 students from DAVIET. These students have completed another quest named”BASELINE-INFRASTRUCTURE” These selected students have received special organization invite on Coursera from Google.
Students will now have to complete “ARCHITECTURE WITH GOOGLE COMPUTE ENGINE” specialization track, which consists of 5 courses.
This is the first, but not the last flight in Google clouds .We hope to engage in similar programs in future as well.
For the students who in the upcoming year are going to face the interview board, Department of Computer Science & Engineering took a step to indulge into arranging an online Alumni Talk on 30th Oct., 2020. The interaction bore fruitful results for the students of 5th Semester. Ms. Garima Bawa (CSE Batch 2013-2017), who is currently working as Enterprise Service Manager in EVERTZ Microsystems, Canada’s leadingVideo broadcasting Company, was on her toes to share with the students the nitty gritty of her preparation strategy to get placed into the reputed companies. This event was coordinated by Ms. Shaveta Kalsi, Alumni Coordinator,CSE.
The key points of the talk were-
- Preparing the basics in the Core Subjects as Interviewers don’t really delve too much into the details, but the basics.
- Top trending technologies these days like Big Data and Cloud.
- To be a T-shaped person whonot only needs to be expert in onesubject but also be aware of the basics of all the other core subjects from the same field.
- More than technicalities, interviewers look for good soft skills in the interviewees.
A five-day Industry Week was organized by the CSE Department on 19/10/2020 for the students enrolled in their 3rd, 5th, and 7th semester of the bachelor program. The objective of Industrial week was to bridge the gap that separates the development of modern-day tools and the technical skill set students establish during their engineering program. Amid the COVID-19 situation, the workshops were conducted online on Microsoft Teams, with the daily participation of around 160 students. Students were given a hands-on illustration of tools, along with demonstrations of real-time projects.
Day-1 and Day-2
For the first two days, an online workshop was conducted on Ethical Hacking by Solitaire Infosys Pvt. Ltd., Mohali. Ms. Neetu Batra was the expert for the online workshop. The main topics covered in online workshop was
- An introduction to ethical hacking.
- Domains and process implementation under ethical hacking.
- Different kinds of hackers’ viz white, grey, black hackers were categorized.
- How to hack the website.
- Various types of hacking like email hacking, network hacking, password hacking, and computer hacking.
- CISCO packet tracer which further includes an introduction to wireless adapters, how to bind routers, switch, computers and transmission media, network simulation, creating a VPN, modifying settings of routers using a command-line interface, and routing of packets.
- Phishing attacks, windows policy editing, Introduction to stenography, and IP configuration in CISCO packet tracer.
Day-3 and Day-4
On day three and day four, the workshop on Machine learning using python was facilitated by Solitaire Infosys Pvt. Ltd., Mohali. The main topics covered in this workshop were
- Basic constructs the python language provides
- Tech-stack and the various technological tools required to build a machine learning project.
The day was concluded with an online programming quiz conducted by EICT, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur for which Tejas Bir Singh Rekhi from the 7th semester has cleared the prelims and is invited to the IIT Kanpur campus for the final rounds.
Day five centered on front-end development & web-designing. A workshop on UI Kit Flutter was conducted which is an open-source mobile application development SDK created by Google and is used to develop applications for Android and iOS platforms. The workshop was facilitated by O7 Services, an IT Training company based out of Jalandhar. Along with an introduction of the concepts in Flutter, a detailed comparison with React native was presented. It included various factors from both the users’ perspective and the underlying architecture involved in these two technologies.
An Online Expert Talk on ‘Career Opportunities’ was organized on 30th Sept., 2020 by Mr. Abhay Puri (Alumni, Batch 2016-2020), Python Developer Intern at ST Microelectronics via Microsoft Teams Platform. The session was organised for the students of B.Tech CSE 3rd, 5th and ECE 3rd (Minor CSE) semester. The motive of this session is to make students aware about various opportunities and utilization of free resources that are available on internet. The main topics covered in this expert talk were
- Career Opportunities for Women
- Research Opportunities
- Resources to learn technologies
- Internship opportunities in India
- Campus placement preparation
A Technical Puzzle on Programming (C++) was organized for students of B.Tech CSE 3rd semester on 7th Sept., 2020. The puzzle consists of crosswords which were to be solved in 30 minutes. Students were able to acquire more technical Knowledge about programming. A total of 57 students solved the puzzle.
GROUP DISCUSSION ON CHALLENGES AND ISSUES FACED BY STUDENTS IN PLACEMENT SCENARIO DURING PANDEMIC
The Department organized an online Group Discussion session on “CHALLENGES AND ISSUES FACED BY STUDENTS IN PLACEMENT SCENARIO DURING PANDEMIC” on 21 August, 2020 with the students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester via Microsoft Teams Platform. The motive of conducting Group Discussion amongst the students is to address the challenges and issues faced by them with respect to changing placement scenario during this pandemic. The students were given 15 minutes to think over the topic before opening the discussion. A total of 58 students participated in the session.The Group Discussion session lasted for about 30-35 minutes. The highlighted points of the group discussion were:-
- Changing demands of Industry during Pandemic.
- Change in Placement numbers and trends with respect to specific profiles/roles.
- Challenges faced by students while undergoing online placement drives (test and interview process).
- And as a result of above changes and challenges, students have to update their skills and preparation strategy accordingly.
A Webinar on “Current Trends in the Internet and Wireless Communication Technologies”
Webinar on “Current Trends in the Internet and Wireless Communication Technologies” was conducted on 17th July 2020. The resource persons of the webinar were
- Shuchita Upadhyaya Bhasin , Professor from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra
- Hitesh Chhabra, Head-Enterprises IP Networks Solutions at Huawei Technologies.
More than 280 participants were registered from various colleges, organizations and industries in the Webinar. The main topics covered in this webinar were
- Latest trends in Industrial Wireless Communication
- Various innovations in Technology Sector
- The new concepts of Digital Transformation
The moderator of the webinar was Dr. Neetu Gahlawat, Assistant Professor, CSE.
Workshop on “AMP and AMP STORIES”was conducted on 15th February, 2020 by GDG JALANDHAR. The workshop was attended by the students of different institutes. The motive of this seminar is to make students aware about Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and AMP Stories. The main topics covered in the workshop were:
- AMP Websites
- AMP Stories
- AMP Emails
- AMP Ads
- AMP HTML
- AMP JS
- AMP Cache
The student coordinators for the event were:
Yashaswi (Student, B.Tech 6th semester)
Vrijraj (Google Developer Expert)
Yash Pathak (Speaker)
A Technical Teston the subjects- SQL and Information Security, was conducted for CSE 6th Semester Students on 24-Feb-2020. In total, 50 students appeared for the test.The test consisted of 32 multiple choice questions which were to be covered in 20 minutes. The motive of this Technical Test was to give students an idea of the Technical Questions to be asked in Placement Tests.Students were able to identify their personal areas of weakness so as they could further enhance their knowledge and skills in those fields to improve their performance.
A Technical quiz on Programming (C/C++) was organized for students of B.Tech CSE 4th semester on 20th January, 2020. The test consisted of 30 multiple choice questions which were to be answered in 30 minutes. Students were able to identify the areas of weaknesses so as they could further enhance their knowledge and skills on those fields to improve their performance. A total of 57 students attempted the quiz.
Expert talk on Latest Trends in Web Technologies
An expert talk on Latest Trends in Web Technologies was organized on January 31, 2020 by Mr. Gurpreet Singh, GTB Institute Jalandhar. The session was organised for the students of B.Tech CSE 6th semester. The motive of this session is to make students aware aboutlatest technology and industrial trends. The main points covered were as follows:
- About Full Stack Developer
- Front end and Back end designing tools and languages.
- Web programming languages.
- Power of Angular.
- Live demonstration of the Chatting app made with Angular, Jquery and MongoDB.
- Auto deployment of Angular commands and libraries.
Seminar on Github and Flutter
A Seminar on Github and Flutter was conducted on January 30, 2020 by O7 Services, Jalandhar. The seminar was attended by the students of B.Tech CSE 6th semester. The motive of this seminar was to make students aware about Github. The session was conducted for a duration of 90 minutes. The main topics covered in the seminar were:
- Open Source, its benefits
- How it transformed the community
- Introduction to Flutter
- Applications with high performance can be built for iOS and Android from a single code base – flutter
- Inbuilt Widget Support in flutter framework
Expert Talk on Network and Business Data Analytics
The Departmentorganized an Expert Talk on “Network and Business Data Analytics”for the students of B.Tech CSE, IT, ECE, EE 6th semester, on 24th Jan, 2020 by Dr. Rajesh Sharma, Associate Professor &Senior Research Fellow fromUniversity of Tartu, Estonia (Europe). He gave an informative talk on the future scope of Business Data. A part of research on Wealth Distribution, Income Similarity, Social Media Networkwas shown to the students. He also gave an overview of his research analysis on Community patterns and diffusion of information in Online Social Networks and the effects of Social Media on Financial market.The motive of this seminar was to make students aware about the latest technology trends and Applications in Data Analytics. A total of 180 students from B.Tech CSE, IT, ECE and EE attended this expert talk.
Industry Week (October 7, 2019- October 9, 2019)
Day-1 (October 7, 2019)
A workshop was conducted by O7 Services Jalandhar for the students of B.Tech CSE 3rd and 5th semester on October 7, 2019. The technical session was typically based on one of the current and latest technology trend ‘Python’. In order to make the session more informative and interactive, the mentors from O7 Services covered the topics related to the basics of Python programming, a little introduction of IOT, Raspberry Pi and Machine Learning.
Python Programming topics:
Machine Learning Seminar by iTronix Solutions
A seminarwas conducted by iTronix Solutions on October 7 2019 for students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester. The seminar was loaded with sound career advice and Ai ML discussions. The main focus of the seminar was ML with Python. The seminar consisted of live demonstrations of AI software applications such as voice assistants and prediction software and students were informed on how quickly it could be developed using Python using APIs and ML Technologies.
Day-2(October 8, 2019)
Two sessions wereorganised for the students of B.Tech CSE 3rd, 5th and 7th semester on October 8, 2019. The first session was conducted by a company named iTronixSolutions on Introduction to basic networking devices, different data models, implementation of different routing protocols using CISCO packet tracer and the second session was on Aptitude Building covering the tricks to solve the computational problems.
Day-3( October 9, 2019)
A seminar was conducted by a company ‘RADIUS’ from Bombayfor the students of B.Tech CSE 3rd , 5th and 7th semester.The session was typically based on the current and latest technology trendsused in IOS. In order to make the session more informative and interactive, the mentors from ‘RADIUS’ covered the following topics:
- Introduction to IOS.
- A Brief about different operating systems.
- About different IOS devices.
- Uses of IOS devices in higher education systems.
- About the IOS coding application software named as: Everybody can code and everybody can create.
The Department organized a Seminar on Bootstrap Web Development Techniques GTB Institute Jalandhar for the students of B. Tech CSE 7th semester on 13th September 2019. The seminar was loaded with sound career advice and groundbreaking technological discussions. The main focus of the seminar was Bootstrap Web Development Techniques. The seminar consisted of live demonstrations of web applications and students were informed on how quickly it could be developed using Bootstrap Technologies.
SEMINAR ON INTRODUCTION OF PYTHON
The Department organized a Seminar on Introduction of PYTHON by O7 Services, Jalandhar on 29-August-2019 for the students of B. Tech CSE 3rd semester. The motive of this seminar was to make students aware about the latest technology trends. The main topics covered in the seminar were:
- Introduction of PYTHON
- How to install and learn PYHTON.
- How PYTHON is different from other languages.
TECHNICAL TEST ON RDBMS, CN AND OS
A Technical Test on the subjects: Relational Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Networks. was organized for students of B.Tech CSE-7th semester on 26 August, 2019 In total, 47 students appeared for the test. The test consisted of 30 multiple choice questions which were to be answered in 30 minutes. The motive of this Technical Test was to give students an idea of the questions to be asked in Placement Tests. Students were able to identify their personal areas of weaknesses so as they could further enhance their knowledge and skills on those fields to improve their performance.
WORKSHOP ON CLOUD COMPUTING
A Workshop on Cloud Computing by Ansh Infotech was organized for the students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester on 26 August, 2019. Ansh Infotech is a Ludhiana based software training and internship facilitator which deals in vast IT technologies ranging from Block Chain Technologies to Artificial Intelligence. Cloud Computing is a technological challenge which deals with Computational operations and storage of Data over the Cloud. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are used to tackle this problem of handling data to analyze and make useful inferences from the available resources. Basic working of various cloud computing platforms was discussed. Students were also made aware of multiple tools available under AWS like NLP, Computer Vision, Text to Speech. The various problems concerned with the use of cloud computing were discussed. It was an informative and interesting workshop in which students enhanced their know-how and learnt a lot of practically useful things about the cloud computing technology.
SEMINAR ON DATA ANALYTICS
A Seminar on Data Analytics was conducted on 05 August, 2019 by O7 Services, Jalandhar for the students of B.Tech CSE 5th semester. The motive of this seminar was to make students aware about the latest technology trends in data analytics. The main topics covered in the seminar were:
- Data Science and its applications.
- Sophia: The intelligent robot.
- Data Science libraries- numpy, matplotlib, pandas.
- Machine learning using python.
- Types of Machine learning.
- Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement -Machine learning.
- Kotlin Everywhere!
- Kotlin targeting JVM and native.
- Null Safety, interoperability in Kotlin.
GROUP DISCUSSION ON CURRENT IT TRENDS
The Department organized a Group Discussion session on Current IT Trends on 25th July 2019 in the GD room for students of B.Tech CSE 5th semester. The motive of conducting GD amongst the students is to observe their personality, skills and ability to discuss on the given subject. The students were given 15 minutes to think over the topic before opening the discussion. The GD lasted for about 15-20 minutes. The highlighted points of the discussion were:-
· Discuss was opened by raising the point that we are outsourcing the activities that requires intelligence to technology.
· To be human is to adapt, technology is not an obstacle to humanity. Humans evolve behaviourally, physically, morally. Thankfully technology evolves too!
· People now usually live in their virtual homes – smartphones.
· Face-to-Face communication is also being affected due to our more and more dependence on technology.
· Remembering things and analysing are the essential qualities of humans, by relying more on technology; our decision-making skills are also being affecting.
· Morality and principles that decide what is right and what is wrong are also being strongly affected by technology.
· Cyber-bulling: is increasing day-by-day which is really an inhuman act.
· Instead of thinking on their own, people rely on technology to think for them.
The Group Discussion ended with mixed points: in favour as well as against the motion. Finally, it was concluded by the following points:
1. Technology is a double-edged sword.
2. If we allow it may turn us to slave. It’s up to us not to let it make us feel less human.
3. Technology is just a tool and we need to trust our abilities more than machines.
Huawei ICT Competition India 2018-19
Mr. Rishav Aggarwal, student of B. Tech CSE 8th Semester studentsecured 2nd position in the National Finals of Huawei ICT Competition India 2018-19. He was honoured at an award ceremony, held on 29th March 2019 at Gurgaon where he received his trophy, certificate and Huawei mobile phone. Rishav has been shortlisted to participate in a fully sponsored International Competition – Huawei ICT Global Finals, scheduled at Shenzhen China in May.
WORKSHOP ON GITHUB QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Department organized 2 Days Workshop on Git Hub Quality Assurance for the students of B.Tech CSE 4th and 6th semester on March 7-8, 2019 by O7 Services.The students were enlightened with trending technologies such as React JS, Flutter, Azure DevOps, MEAN stack.
WORKSHOP ON CYBER SECURITY
The Department organized a Workshop on Cyber Security for the students of B.Tech CSE 4th and 6th semester on 6th March, 2019 by Mr. LJ Singh, Director and Founder of Cyber Defence Intelligence (CDI).Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems, including hardware, software and data, from cyber attacks. In a computing context, security comprises cyber-security and physical security – both are used by enterprises to protect against unauthorized access to data centers & other computerized systems.Various security threats and real world security applications were also discussed.
Workshop on Cloud Computing
The Department organized a Workshop on Cloud Computing for the students of B.Tech CSE 4th and 6th semester on 28th February, 2019 by Solitaire Infosys. Solitaire Infosys is a Mohali based software training and internship facilitator which deals in vast IT technologies ranging from BlockChain Technologies to Artificial Intelligence. Cloud Computing is a technological challenge which deals with Computational operations and storage of Data over the Cloud. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are used to tackle this problem of handling data to analyse and make useful inferences from the available resources. Students were made aware of multiple tools available under GCP like NLP, Computer Vision, Text To Speech. The various problems concerned with the use of cloud computing were discussed.
Workshop on Big Data
The Department organized a Workshop on Big Data for the students of B.Tech CSE 4th and 6th semester on 1st February, 2019 by Aptron .Aptron is an NCR based software training and internship facilitator which deals in vast IT technologies ranging from machine learning to cloud computing. Big-data is a technological challenge which deals with large volume of structured, semistructured and unstructured data.Hadoop framework is used to tackle this large volume data to analyse and make useful inferences from the data. Basic working of Hadoop framework was discussed and usage of tool explained. Hadoop file storage techniques, formats and logical file organisation was discussed in detail. Students were also made aware of multiple tools available under Hadoop framework like Pig,Yarn, Hive and their applications in various Big-Data problems. The various sources of data generation , the types of data they generate anduse cases of tools were discussed. It was an informative and interesting workshop and students enhanced their know-how and learnt a lot of practically useful things about the big-data technology.
Workshop on Machine Learning
The Department organized a Workshop on Machine Learning by Prateek Narang, Founding Member at Coding Blocks for the students of B.Tech CSE 3rd and 5th semester on 15-16 October 2018.
Topics which are covered during Workshop:
– Python Basics, Data Processing using Numpy-Pandas,Data visualization
– Introduction to Machine Learning
– Linear Regression, Gradient Descent Algorithm
– Housing Prices Prediction Project
– Some more Algorithms from Supervised & Unsupervised learning (K Means & KNN )
WORKSHOP ON INTERNET OF THINGS
The Department organized a Workshop on IOT (Internet Of Things) by Director of Electron Solution Mr. Sanjeev Kumar on 14/9/18. The company deals in Research and Development, IT support and training.Expert guided the students about the new emerging field of IOT. Students are introduced with concepts about the chips and their functionality. Raspberry pi and another chip, ESP are also introduced to students. Experts showcased various projects in IOT.
AU REVOIR 2018
The students of 3rd year of the department organized “ AU REVOIR 2018” bidding farewell to their seniors (batch 2014-2018) at Ramada Encore, Jalandhar on 23 May, 2018.
Huawei runs an annual global ICT Skills competition, providing a platform for young people to showcase their skills. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering organized various stages of Huawei ICT Academy Skills Competition India 2018 in coordination with Mr. Anurag Bayla,Founder & CEO,Techies Infotech, Amritsar.
- Stage 1: Mock test – This was an online test containing 60 questions to be completed in 90 minutes on basics of Data Networking, LAN, WAN, IP Fundamentals, Routing and Switching, Data Security, and Cloud Computing. Students were advised to read Huawei learning material made available to them.The top 200 students were awarded Huawei Global certification vouchers worth USD 200 to attempt the Global HCNA – Routing and Switching Exam and achieve global certification. In addition, the Top 50 out of these 200 students got free training by Huawei Authorized Learning Partner – Cognitel.
- Stage 2: HCNA Routing and Switching Global Certification Exam Huawei Global Certification exam was conducted on February 21,2018.It examined individual’s knowledge on Network fundamentals, Basic connection methods of popular networks, Basic network construction, Trouble-shooting of common network faults, Installation and commissioning of Huawei routing and switching devices.
- Stage 3: Preliminary Round – This was a classroom test conducted by Huawei, on March 1, 2018 testing theoretical knowledge on IP and IT. The top 50 students of these round qualified for National Finals.
- Stage 4: National Finals – This was classroom test conducted by Huawei on March 26, 2018 containing practical knowledge using Huawei NSP tool.
Three students of B. Tech CSE 6th semester Rishab Nagpal. Ritika, Rishav Aggarwal participated in National Finals and received Certificates of Achievement for the same.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering organizedWorkshop on “Big Data Analytics using Hadoop” by Dr. Manish Arora (Additional Director) and Mrs. Anita Budhiraja,Joint Director (Systems) , National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology(NIELIT), Chandigarh for students of B. Tech CSE 6th semester from March 5-9, 2018.
The objective of the workshop was to develop analytics skills on large set of data using latest tools and technology covering Hadoop, Hive, HBase etc. in single node and multimode cluster.
|Day||Topics Covered Day –wise|
|1||Introduction to Big Data, tools and techniques for data analytics, Ubuntu Operating Systems and its commands|
|2||Object Oriented Programming with java, Hadoop Framework, Hadoop Commands|
|3||Map Reduce Programming, HIVE data warehouse|
|4||HIVE-UDF, HIVE JDBC, R programming|
|5||Introduction to HBASE, JAQL, PIG. Big data analysis Projects
Students were able to understand the role of big data technologies and tools in analysis and adoption of these tools in analysis of large set of data varying from structured to unstructured form.
The department organised 5 day Workshop on “Python” by Mr. Upkar Singh,Senior Software Developer, Dezign Suite TCS ION Partners Mohali for students of B.Tech CSE 4th semester.
|Day||Topics Covered Day –wise|
|1||Introduction to Python, variables ,basic operators and blocks of Python.|
|2||Python Data Types|
|3||Python Program Flow Control|
|4||Python Functions, Modules and Packages|
|5||Python String, List and Dictionary Manipulations|
Department of Computer Science & Engineering organized an event “Folk Fusion” on 20th February 2018.This motive of this event was to re-infuse student’s sentiments towards our culture. In this event there were more than 50 participants who showcased their talent.
There were 2 rounds
Round 1: Participants performed Bhangra/Gidhha on songs pre-decided by them.
Round 2: After shortlisting participants after Round 1,participants were given different props to perform on the songs played randomly at that time.
Havan is an ancient ritual which is performed to purify the atmosphere and the environment.The Department organisedHavanYajna on February 20, 2018. After havan yajna, Principal Dr. Manoj Kumar blessed the students with his kind words.
GROUP DISCUSSION ACTIVITY
CSE department organised an event of group discussion where the participants were given a current general topic and had to discuss the pros and cons of same.
No. of participants- 100 students
In the first round the students were divided into groups of 10 students and each group was given a general topic to discuss for about 10 minutes. The students were basically judged on the basis of their points, involvement, confidence and fluency in language.
Some topics were –
• Swadeshi, is it relevant in today’s scenario?
• Is IT sector better than other engineering streams?
• Is the Chinese software industry influencing our industry?
At the end of the first round 6 students were selected and qualified for the second round.
In the round 2 of the event the 6 students were divided into teams of two and they were allotted 10 minutes to prepare the on the topic
“ Is cloud security a bane or a boon “ , this discussion of the topic was for 15 minutes and all the teams had to justify with facts on why they believe what they chose.
Abhijeet Jain (CSE – 6th semester)
Isha kumar (CSE- 6th semester)
Seminar on “Training opportunities in IOT and Cloud Computing” by Mr. Rajvansh, Ms.Baljeet and Ms. Shilpa from DreamTech Labs Jalandhar- A division of Dream Weavers Group on October 30 ,2017 for students of B.Tech CSE 5th semester.
5-Day Workshop on “Big Data Analytics using Hadoop” by Dr. Manish Arora (Additional Director) and Mrs. Anita Budhiraja,Joint Director (Systems) , National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology(NEILIT), Chandigarh from October 9-13, 2017 for students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester.
The day-wise topic coverage schedule of the workshop is as under:
|1||Introduction to Big Data, tools and techniques for Data Analytics, Ubuntu Operating Systems and its commands.|
|2||Object Oriented Programming with java, Hadoop Framework, Hadoop Commands.|
|3||Map Reduce Programming, HIVE datawarehouse|
|4||HIVE-UDF, HIVE JDBC, R Programming|
|5||Introduction to HBASE,JAQL , PIG, Big Data Analysis Projects|
The department of Computer Science and Engineering organized Industry week from September 18 –20, 2017.The aim of the industry week is to bridge the gap between the academic curriculum and industry requirements.
The industry week commenced with 3- Day workshop on “Cyber security and Cyber forensics” by Dr. Anup Girdhar,CEO-Founder Sedulity Solutions and Technologies was organized from September 18-20, 2017 for students of B.Tech CSE 3rd and 5th semester.
The day wise topic coverage schedule of the workshop is as under:
» Basics of Computer and Networking Concepts
» Building an Approach for Ethical Hacking
» Foot Printing
» Social Engineering
» Email Hacking and Its Countermeasures
» Operating System Attacks
» Application Attacks
» Building an Approach for Networking Infrastructure and Network Attacks
» Cryptography With Different Applications
» IDS and Firewalls
» Reverse Engineering or Password Cracking Techniques
Glimpses of the workshop are:
Seminar on “Cloud Computing”
Seminar on “Cloud Computing” by Mr. Pankaj Sharma, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Web Applications from Netmax Technologies,Chandigarh on September 11,2017 for the students of B.Tech CSE 5th semester.
Seminar on “Future Prospects of GATE”
Seminar on “Future Prospects of GATE” by Gateforum,Jalandhar on August 16, 2017 for students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester.Further,a GATE Mock Test for students of B.Tech CSE 7th semester was also conducted by Ms. Tania Verma, Gateforum Jalandhar.
The students of 3rd year of the department organized “ Dasvidaniya 2017” bidding farewell to their seniors (batch 2013-2017) at Moti Mahal, Jalandhar on 14 April, 2017.
INDUSTRY WEEK 2017
The Department organized the industry week from 27 March, 2017 to 31 March, 2017. Various workshops expert lectures on latest technologies by industry professionals and industry visits are the highlights of this industry week so as to facilitate the students in selecting right skills for their future endeavors. Here are the glimpses of day- wise schedule of industry week:
- Morning Session (10 a.m.-12 p.m)
Expert Talk On “Machine Learning” by Mr.RohitDaid(Chief Technology Officer), Sophic Solutions Canada for students of CSE 4th and CSE 6th semester.
- Evening Session (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Workshop On “Network Server Administration” by Mr Ansh Aneja (Managing Director), AnshInfotech Ludhiana for students of CSE 4th and CSE 6th semester.
- Morning Session (10 a.m.-1 p.m)
Student Induction Program on “How to Prepare for Company’s Aptitude Tests” by Mr. Tarun Sharma (Regional Lead – North India), Co-Cubes, Gurgaon for students of CSE-6th Semester.
- Evening Session (2 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
Seminar on “Software Project Planning and Management” by Mr. Paramjit Singh (Project Manager), Solitaire Infosys, Mohali for students of CSE 6th Semester.
- Industrial Visit of students of CSE 4th Semester to Netsmartz Ltd Chandigarh.
- One day workshop on “Role of Cryptography in Information and Communication Technology” by Dr.P.L Sharma (Professor), Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla for students of CSE 6th Semester.
- One day workshop on “Basics of Android” by Ms. Arshdeep Kaur (Software Developer), Allsoft Solutions Delhi for students of CSE 4th
- Morning Session (11 a.m.-1 p.m)
Seminar on “How To Improve Your Aptitude” by Mr.RajbirChouhan(Managing Director), Career Launcher Jalandhar for students of CSE 4thand 6thSemester.
- Evening Session (2 p.m. -5p.m)
Workshop on “IOS Application Building” by Mr .Banish Gupta(Software Developer), Ameba Technologies Pvt. Ltd Mohali for students of CSE 4thand 6thSemester.
- Morning Session (9 a.m.- 11 a.m.)
Workshop on “Basic Concepts of Core Java” by Mr.Gurpreet Singh (Managing Director), GTB Education Jalandhar for students of CSE 4thsemester.
- Afternoon Session (11 a.m.- 1 p.m.)
Expert Talk On “Smartphone Security And Social Networking Sites Threats” by Mr. Palvinder Singh, (Information Security Expert), LucideusTech Private Limited, New Delhi for students of CSE 4th and 6th semester.
- Evening Session (2 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Workshop on “Big Data Analytics Using Hadoop” by Mr. Abhishek Saxena(Software Engineer), KVCH –IBM,Private Ltd Delhi for students of CSE 4th and 6th semester.
- Industrial Visit of students of CSE 6thSemester to AllSoft Solutions, Mohali on 7th April, 2017.
National Science Day
The Centre for Excellence for Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics and Department of Applied Sciences organized National Science Day on 28 February 2017 to commemorate the life of Sir C.V Raman who is credited with the discovery of Raman Effect here at DAVIET. The basic aim of celebrations were to give exposure to students about the latest discoveries in the field of science and to give them a platform to appreciate the great discovery by Indian physicist Sir Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman on 28 February 1928.
Hawan is one of the ten positive virtues or niyam that is prescribed for the devotee whose aspiration is to draw closer to the Divine, ultimately acquiring Oneness with Him.The chanting of mantras and offerings into the fire create a revitalised and rejuvenating effect for both the body and mind. Positive thoughts, words and actions then pave the way for further success. The Department has organised Hawan Yajna on 14 February 2017 in the institute.
EDUCATION TRIP OF STUDENTS OF CSE 4TH AND 6TH SEMESTER TO PUSHPA GUJRAL SCIENCE CITY, KAPURTHALA ON 30 MARCH 2016.