The Department of Academics Affairs of DAVIET works for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the quality of academic activities of the Institute. The department is comprised of learned faculty members contributing from different functional domains and specializations. The department strongly believes that quality in education could only be envisaged with stronger cohesion between the different stakeholders of an academic body. This can only be achieved with an appropriate blend of a constructive teaching pedagogy with the student learning process. The department regularly monitors the quality of teaching learning process in the Institute and works for providing necessary solutions as and when desired.
To be more specific, the responsibilities of the department include:
- Finalization of academic calendar, time-tables, registration of students for course work and examinations, class room arrangements and all other requirements for proper conduct of class work.
- Conduct of internal examinations and co-coordinating the finalization of session’s evaluations and for ensuring the timely declaration of result.
- Supervision of the maintenance of up-to-date academic records of all categories of students.
- Publications and distribution of syllabi.
- Organizing meeting of all the institute level academic bodies.
- Execution of the policies of the institute in the conduct of P.G, Ph.D. and other research programmes including the examination of the thesis.
- Framing the academic policies, rules and regulations for bettering the academic standards of the Institute.
- Coordinating the conduct of convocation.
- Creation of more centre(s) of excellence.
- Upgradation of central library.
- Coordinating the accreditation process.
- Suggesting the Principal to take suitable steps from time to time to strive for the high academic standards.
- Any other relevant issue(s).