DAVIET is taking due care of the students by providing them Homes away from homes with 03 Multi-storeyed hostels which have been constructed and furnished tastefully in the heart of the campus.
- Sutlej Hostel Capacity: 176
- Beas Hostel Capacity: 256
- Raavi (Girls) Hostel Capacity: 188
- Hostel procedures and facilities are regularly monitored and updated as per well-defined ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- The hostels are having attached mess for boarders’ convenience.
- Mess meals/menu are decided by the students.
- Every care is taken that students should get nutritious food and balanced diets, which is hygienically prepared.
- Campus has its own water supply and power backup system.
- 24 hrs security is provided in the hostels.
- Recreation rooms with indoor Sports, News Room, Cable T.V and Telephone facility.
- Computing / Internet facilities are available in the hostel Computer Lab, which have 155 Mpbs, leased line Internet connectivity.
- For late night studies, reading room has been provided to the resident scholars.
- Attached playgrounds are also available for the students to enjoy sports, morning walks etc.
- The Institute has a Resident Doctor for health care of the students.
- For laundry facilities the watermen has been appointed who visit hostels regularly.
- Canteen and mess are having tuck-shop for grocery and other items.
- Other basic amenities are provided free of charge viz. Hot Water, Water Coolers etc.
- Senior faculty is accessible to help the students for counselling and personal advice at the time of need.
- The upkeep of the hostel is maintained to the highest level through hygienic conservancy of toilets.
- Institute has provided an ultra modern lift in the boys’ hostel for the convenience of boarders.
- AC accommodation is available in Sutlej Hostel on First come First Serve basis.
ALLOTMENT OF SEATS
- Hostel accommodation is allotted by the warden in consultation with the Chief Warden/Assistant Chief Warden on a “First Come First Served” basis. The allotment is done on condition that the student agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel.
- Students must occupy rooms specifically allotted to them. They are not allowed to change rooms except with the written permission of the Warden/Assistant Chief Warden. However, students can pair up as per their choice within first few days. They may contact their hostel Warden for this purpose.
- Allotment made to a student is subject to cancellation if he/she fails to clear all their dues to the hostel by the appointed day. In such cases they will be asked to vacate the hostel.
- Full lodging charges will be charged from the resident scholars even if they joined the hostel in the middle of the session.
- The Chief Warden/Assistant Chief Warden can refuse hostel facilities without assigning any reason/remove a resident from the hostel at any time on disciplinary grounds, in which case, the student may even be required to vacate the room at short notice.
- Students may also be required to shift to alternate accommodation at short notice due to administrative reasons.
- No booking / reservation will be entertained on telephone/Mobile/Whtsapp/ E-mail.
Hostel Charges (2022-23)
Hostel Charges (Semester Wise)
*Electricity charges extra as per actual consumption.
- Hostel fee is non refundable, only security is refundable