Electronics & Communication Engineering
It was in the year 2001 that Department of Electronics & Communication of DAVIET got forward-biased. Within a short span of about 3 years, our dept. was successful in carving a niche for itself and its popularity as reputed department rose to such a knee high voltage level that its intake was amplified from 60 to 120 in 2004. The dept. now epitomizes a confluence of aesthetics institutionalized quality education and understated passion and commitment deemed essential for the modern era grind as a splendid apotheosis of the triumph of the mind and will.
“Eons of civilizations may pass but the demand of dept. of E.C.E can’t be bypassed”
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the core areas of Electronics, Communication and IT.
- To develop professional competence amongst the students so as to enable them to secure best possible career path.
- To provide a suitable environment to develop the student’s capabilities in professional attributes, including; communication skills, the art of self-learning, team work, ethics and the essentials of quality management.
- To provide inter-disciplinary knowledge to the students in order to deal with the impact of technology in a global and societal context.
- To develop and enhance the skills of the students so as to be competitive in latest technologies
- To continuously improve the teaching learning process.
- To achieve 100% pass percentage status in every subject by proactive mentoring of weak students.
- To augment R & D facilities in the department.
- To take up Research and Consultancy projects from AICTE, DST, University etc.
- To have research tie-ups with industry, institutions of national importance, Universities and centre(s) of excellence.
- To achieve 100% placement through campus selection
The ECE has been largely successful as it has been very fortunate in having at its disposal, a dedicated team of technopreneurs that is always prepare to brave the odds and bring innovation in the class rooms and labs. Under the Head leadership of Neeru Malhotra, HOD, ECE, faculty combines in itself the power of technical expertise and youthful energy capable of helping, guiding and training the students. The excellent results produced during the past eight year bear testimony to the hard work being put in by the faculty along with it the faculty has been continuously engaged in faculty improvement program.
Eminent Visitors To Department
From time to time ECE invites experts from other institutions for giving to the students the benefit of interaction with them. During the past few years a number of experts interacted with the students. Few among them are Dr. S.S.Patnaik, Head TV centre, NITTTR, Chandigarh, Mr. Avinash Chander, Director (ASL, Hyderabad), Dr V.P Sandlas, Professor, IIT Kharagpur, Dr. M. GopalProf., IIT Delhi, Prof K.K. Ghai, Retd H.O.D , DAV, Mr. Vivek Sharma, V.P. ,S.T microelectronics , Noida.
Prof. Arun Kanda
To mention a few and many others have been visiting this institute. We have tied up with the various institutes like
- IIIT Pune (for VLSI and robotics)
- CRANES software & TEXAS for DSP
- DUCAT for Embedded Technology
- COLLABORATION with RSOFT for light wave
Our library is known for its versatility. We possess 339 books, 10 national journals and 299 international journals to our accolade. Various power point presentations prepared by our faculty, project reports, seminar reports are available to acquaint the students with latest developments going on and provide them sustenance so that they can fabricate the projects on their own.